Kindly take note that this is not a comprehensive list of goods that are restricted and prohibited. If your item does not appear on this list below and you’re not sure that your goods are allowed into the country, kindly click on Malaysia’s complete list. (http://www.customs.gov.my/en/tp/pages/tp_ie.aspx)
Malaysia ban on illicit drugs – the punishment for smuggling drugs is extremely severe. Those who are caught doing so are punished with death by hanging.
Contacting Malaysia Customs:
Malaysia customs phone number:1-300-888-500
Address: Jabatan Kastam Diraja Malaysia, Kompleks Kementerian Kewangan No 3, Persiaran Perdana, Presint 2, 62596, Putrajaya
PROHIBITED goods including but not limited to;
- Indecent or pornographic materials
- Counterfeit money
- Pure Battery
- Sodium arsenate
- Arms and weapons
- Sharp and dangerous items
- Liquor, wine, beer, alcohol drinks
- Cigarette, tobacco
- Flammable, explosive
- Precious metals
- Precious jewellery
- Living things such as animals and plants
- Fresh food such as fresh fruits, vegetables, raw meat, fish etc.
- Anything that is unsuited with peace or is prejudicial to Malaysia’s interests
SENSITIVE goods, including but not limited to;
- Contain liquid items. Common items such as perfume, drinks, oil, skin care products etc.
- Contain magnet items. Common items such as speaker, earphone, radio, sound system, magnetic tools etc.
- Contain battery items. Common items such as toy, calculator, watches, power bank etc.
- Electrical appliances. Common items such as fan, juicer, vacuum, rice cooker etc.
- Contain electronic parts or chips. Common items such as SD card, computer, pendrive etc.
- Goods with international brand name. Both genuine or imitation goods need to declare as sensitive items. Common brands such as LV, Gucci, Nike, Adidas, Rolex, Omega, LiNing, Mi and HuaWei etc.
- Contain powder substances items. Common items such as skin care products, wheat flour, soy powder, milk powder, almond powder, spice & herbs etc.
- Contain substances that can apply on body. Common items such as lipstick, cream, makeup products etc.
- Goods related religions. Religion books, CD, VCD, DVD.
- Food limited to dried food only. Fresh fruits, vegetables and raw meat are prohibited items.
- All kind of medicines in any form.